"Cancer/mental illness/disability affects rich and poor alike."
Uh, no, it doesn’t. Rich people can afford the treatments and accommodations for those things. Poor people cannot. Get the fuck outta here with that classist shit.
Not to mention a higher proportion of disabled people are in poverty and people in manual jobs are more likely to become disabled, there is a class element to disability that cannot be ignored.
While 15,000 people are expected to march against the murder of Eric Garner in Staten Island today, the mainstream media is playing favorites.
In an online article posted by the NY Post, the Post Editorial Board flat out said “We support the cops. Unequivocally.”
Tell me about a time where a white child was killed and black people made a hashtag mocking their death, a Halloween costume mocking their death, or a celebration of their death in any way shape or from. NEVER!!
Black pride has never been about hating white people, but white supremacy has always been about hating black people.
1181 Aboriginal Women have been murdered or gone missing in Canada in the past 30 years.
Don’t forget that the Federal government has refused to start an inquiry into missing and murdered aborginal women in this country. This is tragic.
Comedian Greg Blackshear (via sonofbaldwin)
Charlie Sheen smokes crack live in a web-chat and they make him the highest paid actor on television.
An 18-year-old black person smokes a blunt and he is unfit to live.
I see you white power.
Monday night in Ferguson, 4-6 PM.
- Autistic Person: *Flaps when they're happy*
- Autistic Person: *Hisses and pulls away when they're upset*
- Autistic Person: *Points and jumps when they need something *
- Autistic Person: *Rocks and stomps when they're upset*
- Autistic Person: *Verbally stims when they're anxious *
- Autistic Person: *Pets other to show love and affection*
- Autistic Person: *Has a thousand unique stims and vocalizations for different contexts that convey different meanings*
- Allistic Person: "See, they don't communicate at all!"
you’re not a bad person if there are actual reasons why looking at ferguson stuff makes you terribly anxious or paranoid and im not going to fault you if you can’t. but, if you are humanly able, please reblog the posts on how to help, how to avoid tear gas, how to help pay for legal fees, the vigils, etc., and please, if you have the hd space, download and archive every video/picture of this you can, they are being taken off of social media.
Supermodel Ataui Deng has been missing for 10 days, y’all. Had it not been for Roblé’s post, I wouldn’t have heard anything. 10 Days and NOTHING in the media?
If you have seen her or know anything concerning her disappearance, email FindAtaui@gmail.com
Again, I feel this begs to be said again:
Chaos in Ferguson. Sunday night, part 4
- no, this isn’t over;
- no, these aren’t from earlier in the week;
- no, everything isn’t alright now;
- no, the police haven’t stopped brutalizing peaceful protesters;
- no, police haven’t intervened to stop the looting;
- no, police haven’t responded to emergency 911 calls for people injured by rubber bullets or children hit by cars;
- no, michael brown’s shooter still has not faced any consequences for murdering an unarmed teenager 9 days ago
This is #JonathanFerrell. Last summer, he crashed his car in Charlotte. He climbed out of his car and started walking in search of help. Police arrived, surrounded the site of the crash and Ofc. Randall Kerrick shot Jonathan multiple times in the chest, killing him. #endpolicebrutality
let us not forget